Our Food Safety Associate is responsible for providing a safe, clean and sanitized environment to produce our bakery products for our many food service customers per each customer’s requirements and expectations. The duties within this position may vary daily, due to differing equipment and production needs utilized on a particular day.
Major Responsibilities: A food safety/sanitation associate is a member of the Food Safety/Sanitation Department and is required to perform various tasks per standards, including but not limited to all of the following:
- Clean and sanitize food manufacturing & processing equipment and its accessories in the facility along with specifically assigned areas.
- Operate required cleaning and sanitizing equipment in a safe manner following established safety procedures and guidelines
- Perform all tasks safely and in a manner that will not create or pose an unsafe environment. The capability of working in a swift and efficient manner.
- The Associate should have the capability to withstand extreme temperature changes in the workplace such as wet, very humid, hot and very cold.
- Handle hazardous chemicals according to established guidelines and MSDS’
- Associate must work well with others and quickly become part of Food Safety/Sanitation team, be able to handle stress, be dependable and have shift flexibility.
- Have the ability to record, document and/or Maintain Quality Control and Bacterial Standards imposed by the customer and applicable governmental agencies, such as the FDA, USDA, AIB, as well as County inspections.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Any other assigned function by Team Leader
Qualifications, Experience & Education:
- High School and/or GED (minimal preferred)
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in sanitation in food industry
- Knowledge of GMP (highly desirable)
- Forklift operation (preferred)
Physical Requirements & Exposures
- Frequently lift/move/handle hoses, equipment, chemical containers weighing 20-80 lbs. throughout each and every work shift.
- Assist in transporting heavy equipment with forklifts or other devices.
- Wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc. (some of which to be supplied by employer).
- Exposure to chemical cleaning solution (with protective gear).
- Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, crouching, etc. during long periods of time.
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged period of time
- Ability to lift, stretch and bend repeatedly
- Ability to utilize hands and fingers