KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Directly supervises Production associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Works closely with all Team Leaders and Leads to promote the goals of Capistrano’s Bakery.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all production processes and equipment. Monitors all phases of production from mixing through packaging to insure all processes and procedures comply with established quality standards.
- In conjunction with the Operations Team Leader and the General Manager consistently seeks opportunities for product improvement.
- Ensures that all recordkeeping is maintained for production and packing procedures.
- Schedules production for department and shift(s) in an orderly and efficient way, utilizing all means to make a quality product while ensuring that associates adhere to posted schedules.
- Ensures that associates are properly dressed for work utilizing personal protective equipment. Directs associates to meet/exceed the established goals for GMPs, safety, quality, productivity, sanitation, and maintenance.
- Reports any urgent equipment repairs to the Maintenance Team Leader, copying the Operations Team Leader and the General Manager.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, and policies. Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Promotes safety, sanitation, productivity, quality communication, and a team spirit, as well as a mutual respect for all associates and departments. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Personally commits to a continuing educational process that improves/expands business capacities and capabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies and Education
Associates Degree or five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five to seven years prior experience in production. A minimum of two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.